We are honored that you have chosen to apply for admission to our Biological Systems Engineering graduate degree program.
Biological Systems Engineering (BSysE) Advanced Degrees
- Ph.D. in Biological And Agricultural Engineering
- M.S. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering
BSysE Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting the Graduate School admission requirements, you should have a B.S. or M.S. in engineering or a closely related degree, with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 or above.
This department also has some additions and exceptions you will need to be aware of. These are:
Fill out the online application including:
- Contact information for 3 references
- Your Personal Letter or Statement of Intent
This is approximately a 1-3 page essay stating your academic goals and research interests while at WSU, and your career goals upon graduation. Be sure to include your name at the top of your statement.
- A copy of your Resume may be emailed directly to Joannafirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Submit payment of the application fee ($75.00 US)
- Submit official transcripts through the appropriate agency. Read the instructions provided by the Graduate School carefully.
- Request your English proficiency test scores be sent from the testing agency directly to Washington State University (University Code #4705)
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) may be submitted but is not required for our department.
- Submit Financial Information (for International applicants). See the Graduate School Instructions for International Applicants.
Note: If you plan to finance your education at WSU through the China Scholarship Council and have applied for an award, please indicate this in the OTHER category in the financial section of the online application. Please write in “China Scholarship Council”.
- Fall Semester – January 10
- Spring Semester – July 1
Questions regarding this procedure can be directed to:
BSysE Graduate Academic Coordinator
Biological Systems Engineering
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6120