We are honored that you have chosen to apply for admission to our Biological Systems Engineering graduate degree program.
Biological Systems Engineering (BSE) Advanced Degrees
- Ph.D. in Biological And Agricultural Engineering
- M.S. in Biological and Agricultural Engineering
BSE Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting the Graduate School admission requirements, you should have a B.S. or M.S. in engineering or a closely related degree, with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) 3.0 or above.
You will need to provide:
- Contact information for 3 references
- Your Personal Letter or Statement of Intent
This is approximately a 1-3 page essay stating your academic goals and research interests while at WSU, and your career goals upon graduation. Be sure to include your name at the top of your statement.
- A copy of your Resume may be emailed directly to Joannafirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Payment of the application fee ($75.00 US)
- Transcripts – A copy of the unofficial transcript is acceptable for the department’s review process; however, if recommended for admission, the applicant will need to provide official transcripts. Please see the requirements for International Applicants.
- English proficiency test scores should be sent from the testing agency directly to Washington State University (University Code #4705) TOEFL score of 80 (or above) or IELTS score of 7.0 (or above) is required for International Applicants. Please review the exceptions to this requirement.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) may be submitted but is not required for our department.
- Financial Information should be submitted by International Applicants when department recommends admission but doesn’t award and assistantship.
Note: If you plan to finance your education at WSU through the China Scholarship Council and have applied for an award, please indicate this in the OTHER category in the financial section of the online application. Please write in “China Scholarship Council”.
- Fall Semester – January 10
- Spring Semester – July 1
Questions regarding this procedure can be directed to:
BSE Graduate Academic Coordinator
Biological Systems Engineering
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6120