On-line Safety Training
The below training courses are available on-line through WSU’s Skillsoft Training website. To access the training, go to Employee Training and Development and log in using your network ID. You will find all of the below courses along with numerous additional courses that may be assigned by your supervisor. More detailed instructions on how to access the on-line safety training can be found here.
Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct Prevention is required for all Washington State University employees.
Recommended safety training for all faculty, staff, students and visitors
Most of this content is required for all university employees as outlined in the university’s Safety Policies and Procedures Manual. (total time: approximately two hours).
- Back Safety and Injury Prevention
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Emergency and Fire Safety Preparedness
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Office Ergonomics
- University Laboratory Safety – Working Safely
- Asbestos Hazard Awareness (coming soon)
Laboratory safety training recommended for any faculty, staff, students and visitors who are working in laboratories
This series of online content replaces the in-person laboratory trainings that have been previously offered, but does not replace New Employee Safety Orientation Checklist. (total time: approximately 1 hour).
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Chemical Hazards
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Physical Hazards
- University Laboratory Safety – Analyzing Developing and Using Controls
- Risk Assessment
- PPE – Eye and Face Protection
- PPE – Hand Protection