We discover and apply scientific engineering principles and methods to the processes of our natural world and provide advanced graduate education to engineering professionals.
BSysE offers the Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call (509) 335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- Agtech: Higher yields, lower costs, better environmental protection
- Gap fund awards help get WSU innovations to market
- 598 – BSE Graduate Seminar Awards
- Grant funds test of market potential for jet fuel research
- Dr. Sankaran Presents at Inaugural Event
- Protecting our food system in a changing climate
- Grant Helps Farmers Use Smart Phones to Save Water
- Peter’s Water-Saving Project Featured in Press
- International Spotlight on Juming Tang
- Student represents U.S. at sustainable chemistry school