We discover and apply scientific engineering principles and methods to the processes of our natural world and provide advanced graduate education to engineering professionals.
BSE offers Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research, and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education, and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call (509) 335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- Food Engineering Students, Graduates, & Faculty Attend IFT 2018
- Chongyuan Zhang receives 2018 Ann Chittenden Holland Master’s Thesis Award for Graduate Student Excellence
- WSU Microwave Technology Featured in Harvard Business Review Article
- WSU researchers creating catalyst to improve jet biofuel production
- FEC Club Visits Pacific Foods
- Waled Suliman Receives 2018 Amazon Catalyst Grant
- “BeeToxx” Receives Awards at the UW Business Plan Competition
- Commencement May 2018
- “BeeToxx” Receives Awards at WSU Business Plan Competition