BSE offers PhD and MS degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
- Agricultural Automation Engineering
- Bioenergy and Bioproducts Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Land, Air, Water Resources, & Environmental Engineering (LAWREE)
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research, and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education, and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call 509-335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- Lav Khot and CAHNRS highlighted during NIFA’s National Washington Day – May 10, 2023
- Graduate School Announces Rongge Zou as a Winner of Albrecht Scholarship
- Birgitte Ahring receives Anjan Bose Outstanding Researcher Award
- Jonathan Male appointed as new head of Office for National Laboratory Partnerships
- Washington State University Emphasizes Food Packaging
- Three Minute Thesis – Austin Gluth wins the Tri-Cities 3MT Competition (3/8/2023)
- Three Minute Thesis – Jake Schrader (PhD) and Kesevan Veloo (MS) win the BSE Competition
- Shulin Chen named National Academy of Inventors senior member
- AgAID Digital AgAthOn 2023 – Hackathon
- History book chronicles 130-year evolution of agricultural engineering at WSU
- WSU’s Lav Khot, colleagues receive multi-state award for ag drone research
- Juming Tang inducted into the National Academy of Inventors (NAI) 2021 Class of Fellows
- Uddhav Bhattarai is a finalist for best oral presentation at ASABE 2021
- Legacy of leadership and mentorship for retiring professor – Claudio Stockle
- Behnaz Molaei is a 2021 Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner