We discover and apply scientific engineering principles and methods to the processes of our natural world and provide advanced graduate education to engineering professionals.
BSE offers the Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research, and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education, and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call (509) 335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- WSU Faculty Presents at 2017 APS Annual Meeting in San Antonio
- BSysE 512 – Poster Competition Awards
- WSU Research Gets Closer to Cost-Effective BioFuels
- WSU Tri-Cities team earns CleanTech Big Picture prize at UW business competition
- WSU Tri-Cities team in UW business competition ‘sweet 16’
- Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
- New way to characterize cellulose, advance bioproducts
- Washington State Professor Finds Sky-high Opportunities for Drones in Agriculture
- Youth get hands-on lessons in biofuels, food engineering, robotics
- Plant biologists welcome their robot overlords
- Highly Cited Research