We discover and apply scientific engineering principles and methods to the processes of our natural world and provide advanced graduate education to engineering professionals.
BSE offers Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research, and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education, and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call (509) 335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- Spray Researchers Aim to Catch Their Drift
- BSE Graduate Students win Best Graduate Poster Award at the 2019 BioAg Symposium
- Researcher finds alternatives to pesticides
- Online publication labels professor as AI trailblazer
- Lav Khot Named New Innovator in Food and Agriculture
- BSE Faculty Bin Yang Receives Fulbright Distinguished Chair Award
- BSE Faculty Manoj Karkee Named 2019 Pioneer in AI and IoT
- Graduate Students Selected for PNNL-WSU Distinguished Graduate Research Program
- Graduate Student Wins IFT Poster Competition Award
- Graduate Student wins Award in Soil and Water Management and Conservation
- Agricultural robots combine future, farming practices
- Graduate Student Selected as Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- WSU, Australian scientists partner to form Joint Center for Ag Robotics
- BSE Faculty Receive USDA-NIFA Funding to Study Water Use
- Research Corner: Dr. Manuel Garcia-Pérez
- BSE Faculty Receive 2018 WSDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Awards