We discover and apply scientific engineering principles and methods to the processes of our natural world and provide advanced graduate education to engineering professionals.
BSE offers Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Biological and Agricultural Engineering with four areas of emphasis:
From solar drying and pasteurization research in the 1970’s to today’s emphasis on biological waste analysis and treatment, chemical transport through soils, food engineering, bioenergy, bioproducts, and more, our department has a long history of technical environmental stewardship, research, and education.
The researchers and graduate students of this department come from all corners of the United States and the world. Because of this diversity, our students leave here with the global awareness, the advanced education, and the technical expertise to become the key players in the economic, technical, and environmental challenges that face us all.
These are exciting and challenging times for engineering professionals. These can be exciting and challenging times for you!
Call (509) 335-1578 to arrange a tour and meet our faculty!
News & Accomplishments
- FEC Club Visits Pacific Foods
- Waled Suliman Receives 2018 Amazon Catalyst Grant
- “BeeToxx” Receives Awards at the UW Business Plan Competition
- Commencement May 2018
- “BeeToxx” Receives Awards at WSU Business Plan Competition
- BSE Faculty Receive Awards
- WSU precision agriculture program ranked in top 25 in world
- WSU researchers develop material that could save honey bees
- GPSA Award of Excellence
- Police, scientists, hope to use drones for innovation
- “BeeToxx” Receives Second Place at the Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
- Dr. Juming Tang Receives Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award
- WSU Among the Winners
- Biofuels Digest Features WSU Jet Fuel Research
- Dr. Karkee’s lab funded