Manoj Karkee, Ph.D.
Dr. Karkee’s work is in the BSysE Agricultural Automation Engineering research emphasis area. He is primarily interested in Automated and autonomous agricultural machinery systems, field robotics, and machine intelligence for production agriculture; and in Agricultural systems modeling, simulation, and control.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
Western Innovator: From Nepal to Robotic Pioneer
May 12, 2019 | Salem, OR
Last December, Manoj Karkee (pronounced Maw-nose Car-key) was among 11 U.S. and Canadian professors named 2019 pioneers in artificial intelligence and the internet by Connected World, a business and technology publication.
Karkee, 41, is an associate professor in the Biological Systems Engineering Department at Washington State University. He leads a … » More …Read Story
- 2019 ASABE Superior Paper Award – Congratulations!
- Online publication labels professor as AI trailblazer
- BSE Faculty Manoj Karkee Named 2019 Pioneer in AI and IoT
- Agricultural robots combine future, farming practices
- WSU, Australian scientists partner to form Joint Center for Ag Robotics
- BSE Faculty Receive 2018 WSDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Awards
- WSU’s apple picking machine provides potential for future orchard operations
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- WSU precision agriculture program ranked in top 25 in world
- Dr. Karkee’s lab funded
- Gap fund awards help get WSU innovations to market
- Aug. 14-17: Global look at agricultural robots, automation
- Boyd-Scott Graduate Research Award 2016
- WSU engineers, scientists prepare to test apple-picking robot
- Robots Picking Apples
- Things that Fly in the Sky
- Manoj Karkee Receives Tree Fruit Harvesting USDA Grant