Manoj Karkee, Ph.D.
Dr. Karkee’s work is in the BSysE Agricultural Automation Engineering research emphasis area. He is primarily interested in Automated and autonomous agricultural machinery systems, field robotics, and machine intelligence for production agriculture; and in Agricultural systems modeling, simulation, and control.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
Drones and bird pests
June 1, 2022 | WSU Insider
Automated drones could scare birds off agricultural fields
A Washington State University research team has developed a system for scaring birds, which they detail in a study published in the journal Computer and Electronics in Agriculture. The system is designed to have automated drones available 24 hours a day to scare pest birds, like European starlings or crows, that cost growers millions of dollars a year in lost fruit.
“Growers don’t really have a good tool they can rely … » More …Read Story
- WSU Flower Thinning Robot
- Three Minute Thesis – Uddhav Bhattarai wins the CAHNRS PhD Competition
- Uddhav Bhattarai is a finalist for best oral presentation at ASABE 2021
- Research Week Celebrates Outstanding Faculty and Staff – Manoj Karkee
- WSU to lead national AI research institute for agriculture
- Robotic crop pollination awarded $1 million grant
- Precision pruning can help machines safely, efficiently harvest apples
- Western Innovator: From Nepal to Robotic Pioneer
- 2019 ASABE Superior Paper Award – Congratulations!
- Online publication labels professor as AI trailblazer
- BSE Faculty Manoj Karkee Named 2019 Pioneer in AI and IoT
- Agricultural robots combine future, farming practices
- WSU, Australian scientists partner to form Joint Center for Ag Robotics
- BSE Faculty Receive 2018 WSDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Awards
- WSU’s apple picking machine provides potential for future orchard operations
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- WSU precision agriculture program ranked in top 25 in world
- Dr. Karkee’s lab funded
- Gap fund awards help get WSU innovations to market
- Aug. 14-17: Global look at agricultural robots, automation
- Boyd-Scott Graduate Research Award 2016
- WSU engineers, scientists prepare to test apple-picking robot
- Robots Picking Apples
- Things that Fly in the Sky
- Manoj Karkee Receives Tree Fruit Harvesting USDA Grant
Email Dr. Karkee
Ag Tech 105
Biological Systems Engineering
WSU Prosser – IAREC
24106 N. Bunn Road
Prosser, WA 99350-8694