Dr. Karkee’s work is in the BSysE Agricultural Automation Engineering research emphasis area. He is primarily interested in Automated and autonomous agricultural machinery systems, field robotics, and machine intelligence for production agriculture; and in Agricultural systems modeling, simulation, and control.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
WSU precision agriculture program ranked in top 25 in world
April 13, 2018 | By Seth Truscott, College of Agricultural, Human and Natural Resource Sciences
PULLMAN, Wash. – Industry professionals have named Washington State University one of the 25 best colleges in the world for precision agriculture.
At WSU, the Center for Precision and Automated Agricultural Systems (CPAAS) http://cpaas.wsu.edu and the Agricultural Technology and Production Management (AgTM, http://afs.wsu.edu/majors/ag-technology-and-production-management/) academic program are helping to solve one of the biggest challenges facing agriculture today ― labor.
[ Read full article in the WSU News ]Read Story
- Dr. Karkee’s lab funded
- Gap fund awards help get WSU innovations to market
- Aug. 14-17: Global look at agricultural robots, automation
- Boyd-Scott Graduate Research Award 2016
- WSU engineers, scientists prepare to test apple-picking robot
- Robots Picking Apples
- Things that Fly in the Sky
- Manoj Karkee Receives Tree Fruit Harvesting USDA Grant