R. Troy Peters, Ph.D.
Research and Teaching Interests
Troy’s research work is in the Land, Air, Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering (LAWREE) emphasis area. His primary focus is on agricultural irrigation. This includes deficit irrigation, irrigation water hydraulics, irrigation scheduling and management, irrigation automation, sprinkler irrigation efficiency, low energy precision application (LEPA), low elevation spray application (LESA), and crop water use estimation. Troy is located at the Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center in Prosser, WA, and is also affiliated with the Center for Precision and Automated Agricultural Systems.
My Research In the News
Behnaz Molaei is a 2021 Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
December 6, 2021 | San Diego, CA
Behnaz Molaei is a 2021 Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner at the ASABE/IA 6th Decennial National Irrigation Symposium, Irrigation Show and Education Week, December 6-10, 2021, San Diego.
Behnaz’s advisor is Dr. Troy Peters.
For more information, please visit the ASABE, 6th Irrigation Show and Education Week website.Read Story
- WSU to lead national AI research institute for agriculture
- Graduate Student wins Award in Soil and Water Management and Conservation
- Graduate Student Selected as Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- BSE Faculty Receive USDA-NIFA Funding to Study Water Use
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- Using UAS technology in irrigated agriculture
- Collaboration with Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University in China
- Grant Helps Farmers Use Smart Phones to Save Water
- Peter’s Water-Saving Project Featured in Press