R. Troy Peters, Ph.D.
Research and Teaching Interests
Troy’s research work is in the Land, Air, Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering (LAWREE) emphasis area. His primary focus is on agricultural irrigation. This includes deficit irrigation, irrigation water hydraulics, irrigation scheduling and management, irrigation automation, sprinkler irrigation efficiency, low energy precision application (LEPA), low elevation spray application (LESA), and crop water use estimation. Troy is located at the Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center in Prosser, WA, and is also affiliated with the Center for Precision and Automated Agricultural Systems.
My Research In the News
Behnaz Molaei receives the AFW’s Karen P. Depauw Leadership Award
AFW’s 2022 Karen P. Depauw Leadership Award has been given to Behnaz Molaei
April 11, 2022. Pullman, WA
Behnaz Molaei just won another leadership award: “The Karen P. DePauw Leadership Award” from the Association for Faculty Women (AFW) and the Graduate School. The award has been given during a special ceremony on April 7.
The Karen P. DePauw Leadership Award (for doctoral candidates) was created in honor of Dr. DePauw’s service to WSU in 2003 to give recognition to doctoral candidates that demonstrate evidence of … » More …Read Story
- Behnaz Molaei receives Graduate Student Leadership Award from CAHNRS Academic Programs
- Behnaz Molaei receives the GPSA College Representative of the Year Award
- Behnaz Molaei is a 2021 Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- WSU to lead national AI research institute for agriculture
- Graduate Student wins Award in Soil and Water Management and Conservation
- Graduate Student Selected as Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- BSE Faculty Receive USDA-NIFA Funding to Study Water Use
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- Using UAS technology in irrigated agriculture
- Collaboration with Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University in China
- Grant Helps Farmers Use Smart Phones to Save Water
- Peter’s Water-Saving Project Featured in Press