R. Troy Peters, P.E., Ph.D.
Research and Teaching Interests
Troy’s research work is in the Land, Air, Water Resources, and Environmental Engineering (LAWREE) emphasis area. His primary focus is on agricultural irrigation. This includes deficit irrigation, irrigation water hydraulics, irrigation scheduling and management, irrigation automation, sprinkler irrigation efficiency, low energy precision application (LEPA), low elevation spray application (LESA), and crop water use estimation. Troy is located at the Irrigated Agriculture Research and Extension Center in Prosser, WA, and is also affiliated with the Center for Precision and Automated Agricultural Systems.
My Research In the News
Behnaz Molaei places in the ASABE Oral/Poster Competition at ASABE 2022
Dr. Behnaz Molaei (former PhD Student of Troy Peters, LAWREE) is shown presenting in the ASABE Oral/Poster Competition during the ASABE Annual International Meeting in Houston, Texas, 2022.
Dr. Molaei placed in the ASABE Oral/Poster Competition within the Machinery Systems technical community for her work entitled, “Investigating Practical Artificial Hot and Cold Reference Surfaces for Improved ET Estimation using the UAS-METRIC Energy Balance Model”.
She will receive a $250 prize check for her … » More …Read Story
- Behnaz Molaei receives the AFW’s Karen P. Depauw Leadership Award
- Behnaz Molaei receives Graduate Student Leadership Award from CAHNRS Academic Programs
- Behnaz Molaei receives the GPSA College Representative of the Year Award
- Behnaz Molaei is a 2021 Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- WSU to lead national AI research institute for agriculture
- Graduate Student wins Award in Soil and Water Management and Conservation
- Graduate Student Selected as Irrigation Foundation E3 Winner
- BSE Faculty Receive USDA-NIFA Funding to Study Water Use
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- Using UAS technology in irrigated agriculture
- Collaboration with Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University in China
- Grant Helps Farmers Use Smart Phones to Save Water
- Peter’s Water-Saving Project Featured in Press
Email Dr. Peters
Biological Systems Engineering
WSU Prosser – IAREC
Prosser, WA 99350-8694
Irrigation Scheduler – Logon Required