Selected Recent Grants
(PI unless otherwise specified)
- The Boeing Company, Initial Assessment of The Boeing Company’s Probabilistic Model for Stormwater Impacts to Receiving Water, $26,678, Jun 2012–Dec 2012
- US Department of Interior, Developing WEPP-Mine: A Management Tool for Western Alkaline Surface Coal Mines, $286,416, Aug 2009–Jul 2011
- US Army Corps of Engineers, Developing an Online GIS-Based Tool to Predict Soil Erosion from Forested Watersheds, $150,000, Jun 2009–Jun 2011
- USDA CSREES CEAP, Evaluating the Impacts of Conservation Practices on Watershed Health in a Salmon-Bearing Rangeland Watershed: Asotin Creek, Washington, $621,000, Sep 2008–Aug 2011 (co-PI)
- USDA CSREES, Integrated Education and Research for Sustainable Development: Linking Engineering and Economic Sciences, $258,000, Sep 2008–Aug 2013 (co-PI)
- Bonneville Power Administration, Enhancing Summer Instream Flow and Reducing Temperature in Agricultural Watersheds, $224,766, Apr 2007–Aug 2010 (co-PI)
- US Forest Service, Lake Tahoe Basin Research, Assessing the Sources and Transport of Fine Sediment in Response to Management Practices in the Tahoe Basin using the WEPP Model, $232,149, Aug 2007–Aug 2010
- Soil infiltration through waste cover materials under winter conditions at Idaho National Laboratory (INL), Inland Northwest Research Alliance (INRA), $25,000, Aug 2005–Aug 2006.
- Modeling reactive transport of Sr-90 and Cr in variably-saturated subsurface, Idaho National Laboratory, Inland Northwest Research Alliance (INRA), $25,000, Aug 2005–Aug 2006.
- Calibration and validation of the WEPP lateral flow version for forest watersheds, USDA Forest Service, $40,600, Aug 2005–Dec 2007.
- Hydrogeology database development and ground-water modeling of the Palouse Basin Aquifer system, Palouse Basin Aquifer Committee $17,000, Aug 2005–Jul 2006.
- Ground-water investigations of Bertrand and Tenmile Watersheds, Whatcom Ct. Department of Public Works, Bellingham, WA, $154,971, 2005–Dec 2006. (Jointly lead the project with M.E. Barber)
- Evaluating material properties to optimize wood-strands for wind erosion control, Washington Technology Center, $48,000, Jul 2005–Jun 2006.
- Flex-cropping and chemical fallow potentials for dryland farming, USDA CSREES Special Grant to The Columbia Plateau Wind Erosion/Air Quality Project, $140,000, Jul 2002–Jun 2006. (Jointly lead the project with C.O. Stöckle and M. Flury).
- Modeling hydrology and erosion under winter climatic conditions of the Pacific Northwest: Modifying WEPP, USDA CSREES NRICGP, $298,549, Sep 2002–Aug 2006.
- Stochastic simulation of flow and solute transport in heterogeneous unsaturated fields, Inland Northwest Research Alliance (INRA)/DOE, $150,000, Aug 2001–May 2005.
- Dobre, M., W.J. Elliot, J.Q. Wu, I.S. Miller, T.B. Jain, Effects of topographic features on post-fire exposed
mineral soil in small watersheds, For. Sci., 2014. (in press)
- Wang, L., J.Q. Wu, W.J. Elliot, F.R. Fiedler, S. Lapin, Linear diffusion-wave channel routing using a discrete
Hayami convolution method, J. Hydrol., 509, 282–294, 2013.
- Dun, S., J.Q. Wu, W.J. Elliot, J.R. Frankenberger, D.C. Flanagan, D.K. McCool, Applying Online WEPP to
assess forest watershed hydrology, Trans. ASABE., 56, 581–590, 2013.
- Watanabe, K., T. Kito, S. Dun, J.Q. Wu, R.C. Greer, M. Flury, Water infiltration into a frozen soil with
simultaneous melting of the frozen layer, Vadose Zone J., 2012. doi:10.2136/vzj2011.0188.
- Fan, C., H. Xie, J.Q. Wu, and S. Birnbaumb, Analysis of USGS spectral library of silicate minerals:
Implication for remote sensing applications, J. Appl. Rem. Sens. 6, 2012. doi: 10.1117/1.JRS.6.063514.
- Mobbs, T., T. Peters, J.R. Davenport, J.Q. Wu, and M.E. Evans, Effects of four soil surfactants on four soilwater
properties in sand and silt loam, J. Soil Water Conserv. 67, 275–283, 2012.
- Qiu, H., D.R. Huggins, J.Q. Wu, M.E. Barber, D.K. McCool, and S. Dun, Residue management impacts on
field-scale snow distribution and soil water storage, Trans. ASABE 54, 1639–1647, 2011.
- Wang, L., J.Q. Wu, L.C. Hull, and A.L. Schafer, Modeling reactive transport of strontium-90 in
heterogeneous variably-saturated subsurface, Vadoze Zone J. 9, 670–685, 2010.
- Pruneda, E.B., M.E. Barber, J.Q. Wu, and D.M. Allen, Use of stream response functions to determine impacts
of replacing surface-water diversions with ground-water withdrawals, Hydrogeol. J. 18, 1077–1092, 2010.
- Williams, J.D., S. Dun, D.S. Robertson, J.Q. Wu, E.S. Brooks, D.C. Flanagan, and D.K. McCool, WEPP
simulations of dryland cropping systems in small drainages of Northeastern Oregon, J. Soil Water Conserv.
65, 22–33, 2010.
- Zhang, J.X., K-T Chang, and J.Q. Wu, Effects of DEM resolution and source on soil erosion modelling: a
case study using the WEPP model, Int. J. Geogr. Info. Sci. 22, 925–942, 2008.