Bin Yang, Ph.D
Research and Teaching Interests
Dr. Yang has dedicated most of his career to the development of renewable energy technologies with particular emphasis on production of biofuels and chemicals from cellulosic biomass feedstocks and other sustainable resources. His current research interests lie in areas of pretreatment, enzymatic hydrolysis, and novel pathways that accelerate commercial application of biomass processing to cellulosic and lignin fuels and chemicals.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
BSE Faculty Bin Yang Receives Fulbright Distinguished Chair Award
January 7, 2019 | WSU Insider
By Maegan Murray, WSU Tri‑Cities
Bin Yang, an associate professor of biological systems engineering at Washington State University Tri‑Cities, has been selected for the Fulbright Distinguished Chair Award — the most prestigious appointment in the Fulbright Scholar Program.
Fulbright currently awards approximately 8,000 grants annually. Of those, 40 are selected for the Fulbright Distinguished Chair Award. Yang marks the first professor in WSU history to be selected for the Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Energy and Sustainable Use of Natural Resources Award.
The full article can be found on the WSU Insider Story: <a href="https://news.wsu.edu/2019/01/07/wsu-tri-cities-prof-receives-fulbright-distinguished-chair-award/?utm_source=WSUNews-enewsletter&utm_campaign=wsunewsenewsletter&utm_medium=email" ... » More …Read Story
- Graduate Students Selected for PNNL-WSU Distinguished Graduate Research Program
- Researchers collaborate with youth for science fair projects, encourage interest in STEM
- Effects of Sugars, Furans, and their Derivatives on Hydrodeoxygenation of Biorefinery Lignin‐Rich Wastes to Hydrocarbons
- Biofuels Digest Features WSU Jet Fuel Research
- Unplugging the Cellulose Biofuel Bottleneck
- Collaboration with Northwest Agriculture & Forestry University in China
- Cellulosic Revelation
- WSU Research Gets Closer to Cost-Effective BioFuels
- WSU Tri-Cities team earns CleanTech Big Picture prize at UW business competition
- WSU Tri-Cities team in UW business competition ‘sweet 16’
- Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge
- New way to characterize cellulose, advance bioproducts
- Grant funds test of market potential for jet fuel research
- Student works to boost renewable energy in Philippines
- WSU faculty member presents at National Advance Biofuels Conference and Expo
- Biowaste-to-jet fuel
- NSF Conference Grant Awarded
- WSU Tri-Cities Announces Student Research Grants
- Global Case Competition
- Student Earns Top International Sustainability Prize