Qin Zhang, Ph.D
Professor, Director CPASS
Dr. Zhang, senior automation engineer and director of the Center for Precision & Automated Agricultural Systems (CPAAS) located at Prosser, WA, works in the BSysE Agricultural Automation Engineering Research emphasis area. He is primarily interested in Agricultural Machinery Automation (Automated and autonomous agricultural machinery technologies, intelligent agricultural machinery controls), and in Agriculture Automation (On-machinery crop health sensing technologies, machinery-area network technologies, agricultural infotronics technologies).
My Research In the News
Qin Zhang elected to the Washington State Academy of Sciences
July 15, 2020 | Washington State Academy of Sciences
Qin Zhang, Professor, Director of Center for Precision & Automated Agricultural Systems, Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Washington State University, has been elected to the Washington State Academy of Sciences for contributions leading to the adoption of automation technologies to agricultural production, a recognizable contribution to core technology development for intelligent farming machinery and smart agriculture and pioneering the emerging science frontier by the proposed study of agricultural cybernetics.Read Story
- Precision pruning can help machines safely, efficiently harvest apples
- Artificial intelligence and precision farming: does efficiency mean sustainability?
- 2019 ASABE Superior Paper Award – Congratulations!
- WSU, Australian scientists partner to form Joint Center for Ag Robotics
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award