ASABE meeting is an international meeting, attended by students and professors from South America, Asia, Europe and North America. The 2014 meeting included 170 technical sessions, including oral and poster sessions, in different disciplines pertinent to agricultural and biological engineering. Other than technical sessions, there is also a Career Fair, which provides a networking opportunity for the students, industries, universities and research companies. http://www.asabemeetings.org/
- Suraj Amatya presented an oral session entitled ‘Identification of Cherry Branches for Automated Sweet Cherry Harvesting Using Mechanical Shakers’, in the session Machine Vision and Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles and Robotics.
- Mohammadali Azadfar works as PhD student in the field of Bioenergy and Bioproducts engineering under direction of Professor Chen in the Bioprocessing and Bioproducts Engineering Laboratory (BBEL). Mohammadali made an oral presentation entitled ‘Correlation of Lignin Structure to its Antioxidant Activity’, in the session, Design and Characterization of Bio-based Materials.
- Aleana Gongal
- George Mathew Neerackal made an oral presentation entitled ‘Manure-pH Management for Mitigating Ammonia Emissions from Manure-Flush Dairy Barns’ in the session, Measurement and Mitigation of Pollutants from Livestock and Poultry Housing. George is a Ph.D. candidate with a research emphasis in Land, Air , Water Resources & Environmental Engineering (LAWREE). His advisor is Dr. Pius Ndegwa
- Yi Wei works as PhD student in the field of Bioenergy and Bioproducts Engineering under direction of Professor Hanwu Lei in the Bioproducts, Sciences, and Engineering Laboratory (BSEL) in the Tri-Cities. Yi made an oral presentation entitled ‘Upgrading of pyrolysis bio-oil via esterification by zeolite catalysis’, in the session of Advanced and Drop-In Biofuels Production – Biochemical & Thermochemical Approach.
- Libing Zhang, Dr. Yang‘s PhD student
- Xuesong Zhang
- Lei Zhu