Juming Tang, Ph.D.
Member of US National Academy of Engineering
Distinguished Chair of Food Engineering
Juming Tang’s work is in the Food Engineering Emphasis Area. He holds several patents and numerous awards and honors for his research into Microwave Pasteurization, Microwave Sterilization of food, and Low Moisture Food Safety.
He is currently the principal investigator of a multi-institutional team represented by members of industry, academia, and government investigating engineering solutions to ensure microbial safety of frozen and refrigerated meals in retail markets. He is also director of the Microwave Sterilization Consortium, again represented by members of industry, academia, and government that was awarded the first ever industrial microwave sterilization process approval from the US Federal Drug Administration (FDA).
Please visit Juming Tang Professional Site for more about his work.
My Research In the News
Juming Tang inducted into the National Academy of Inventors (NAI) 2021 Class of Fellows
December, 2021 | WSU Research
“Congratulations to Matthew McCluskey and Juming Tang for their induction as NAI Members. Through research and discovery, their innovations provide cutting-edge solutions to challenges that will benefit society and influence science, technology, and innovation worldwide,” said Sita Pappu, assistant vice president for the Office of Commercialization.
Tang has invented and commercialized electromagnetic spectrum wave-based food processes. Tang has focused his … » More …Read Story
- Research Week Celebrates Outstanding Faculty and Staff – Juming Tang
- Consumers will pay more for ready‑to‑eat meals made with fewer ingredients
- Juming Tang elected to the National Academy of Engineering
- WSU researchers join $9.8M project to study low-moisture food safety
- India partnership spurs development of new WSU microwave technology for safer meals
- Getting mac and cheese to Mars
- Dr. Tang is a winner of IAEF Lifetime Achievement Award
- Recent election to identify FED Rep/Representative-elect to the International Association for Engineering and Food (IAEF)
- Juming Tang elected to the Washington State Academy of Sciences
- MATS and MAPS Advance Food Preservation
- BSE Faculty and Students Attend ASABE 2018 – Student Wins First Place Award
- Food Engineering Students, Graduates, & Faculty Attend IFT 2018
- WSU Microwave Technology Featured in Harvard Business Review Article
- Center of Excellence for Food Safety receives $1M Grant Continuation from USDA NIFA
- Dr. Juming Tang Receives Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award
- Protecting our food system in a changing climate
- International Spotlight on Juming Tang
- Spotlight on Lignin
- Congratulations, Regents Professor!
- New Technology Improves Food Safety and Flavor
- ASABE 2014 Fellow
- Juming Tang Radio Frequency Research featured article in WSUToday
- Juming Tang recipient of 2012 ASABE International Food Engineering Award