Shyam S. Sablani, Ph.D.
Associate Department Chair; Professor
Dr. Sablani’s work is in the Food Engineering Emphasis area. His research focus is the application of materials science and transport phenomena to innovative packaging solutions to improve food safety and quality for which he has received numerous awards.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
Getting mac and cheese to Mars
September 24, 2019 | WSU Insider
By Scott Weybright, CAHNRS.
Washington State University scientists have developed a way to triple the shelf life of ready-to-eat macaroni and cheese, a development that could have benefits for everything from space travel to military use.
If human beings go to Mars, they need food. Food that won’t spoil during the long travel between planets, and while they’re on the surface… continue reading article…Read Story
- Graduate Student Wins IFT Poster Competition Award
- Food Engineering Students, Graduates, & Faculty Attend IFT 2018
- BSE Faculty Receive Awards
- Center of Excellence for Food Safety receives $1M Grant Continuation from USDA NIFA
- ASABE Student Mile Award
- WSU Faculty, Shyam Sablani, wins IFT Achievement Award
- WSU Faculty wins IFT Achievement Award
- Research for specialty crops boosted by $1.7 million
- Grad student wins ASABE conference paper competition
- Doctoral Student Places First in Poster Competition
- Peas in disguise may increase nutrition
- Shyam Sablani Helps Visiting Cocharan Fellows Learn About Food Security
- WSU Trains Philippine Executives in Food Safety Management
- BSysE students Win Poster Competition