Shyam S. Sablani, Ph.D.
Associate Department Chair; Professor
Dr. Sablani’s work is in the Food Engineering Emphasis area. His research focus is the application of materials science and transport phenomena to innovative packaging solutions to improve food safety and quality for which he has received numerous awards.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
FEC Club wins the 2021 GPSA Excellence Award for Registered Student Organizations (RSO)
The Graduate Student and Professional Organization (GPSA) at WSU has voted to present the 2021 GPSA Excellence Award to the FEC club.
The Food and Engineering Club is comprised of graduate student members from the Food Engineering program and one faculty advisor (Dr. Shyam Sablani). These students conduct research in advanced thermal and non-thermal food technologies as well as polymeric packaging technologies to help the food industry address challenges of increasing consumer demand for safe, nutritious, and high-quality food products.
Congratulations to the FEC and Dr. Sablani!
Current officers are:
President: Yonas GezahegnRead Story
Vice President: Zhi Qu
Secretary: Yoon-Ki Hong
… » More …
- International Association for Food Protection (IAFP) Honors Dr. Shyam Sablani
- Raspberry muffins may be in your future
- Getting mac and cheese to Mars
- Graduate Student Wins IFT Poster Competition Award
- Food Engineering Students, Graduates, & Faculty Attend IFT 2018
- BSE Faculty Receive Awards
- Center of Excellence for Food Safety receives $1M Grant Continuation from USDA NIFA
- ASABE Student Mile Award
- WSU Faculty, Shyam Sablani, wins IFT Achievement Award
- WSU Faculty wins IFT Achievement Award
- Research for specialty crops boosted by $1.7 million
- Grad student wins ASABE conference paper competition
- Doctoral Student Places First in Poster Competition
- Peas in disguise may increase nutrition
- Shyam Sablani Helps Visiting Cocharan Fellows Learn About Food Security
- WSU Trains Philippine Executives in Food Safety Management
- BSysE students Win Poster Competition