Shyam S. Sablani, Ph.D.
Associate Department Chair; Associate Professor
Dr. Sablani’s work is in the Food Engineering Emphasis area. His research focus is the application of materials science and transport phenomena to innovative packaging solutions to improve food safety and quality for which he has received numerous awards.
See more at my Research Site.
My Research In the News
Graduate Student Wins IFT Poster Competition Award
November 13, 2018 | Chicago, IL
Pavitra Krishna Kumar, a PhD student in the Food Engineering emphasis area of Biological Systems Engineering won second place at the 2018 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Graduate Student Poster Competition. Her presentation was entered in the Refrigerated and Frozen Foods Division.
Pavitra is advised by BSE faculty member Dr. Shyam Sablani.
Pavitra was also featured in the Refrigerated and Frozen Foods Division newsletter and gave an interview highlighting her work.
The full interview and … » More …Read Story
- Food Engineering Students, Graduates, & Faculty Attend IFT 2018
- BSE Faculty Receive Awards
- Center of Excellence for Food Safety receives $1M Grant Continuation from USDA NIFA
- ASABE Student Mile Award
- WSU Faculty, Shyam Sablani, wins IFT Achievement Award
- WSU Faculty wins IFT Achievement Award
- Research for specialty crops boosted by $1.7 million
- Grad student wins ASABE conference paper competition
- Doctoral Student Places First in Poster Competition
- Peas in disguise may increase nutrition
- Shyam Sablani Helps Visiting Cocharan Fellows Learn About Food Security
- WSU Trains Philippine Executives in Food Safety Management
- BSysE students Win Poster Competition