Jingjin Zhang’s Alumni Story

Jingjin Zhang

April 29, 2019

I always believe that agriculture is the foundation and future of the world and automation is the future of agriculture, which was deeply confirmed by my Ph. D. study experience at WSU. I graduated in the Spring of 2014 with a Ph. D. in Agricultural Automation from the Department of Biological Systems Engineering.

Interdisciplinary research training during my Ph.D. period in CPAAS has guided me in the direction of my career. I am currently working as an associate professor at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China and lead a diverse team including post-doc, graduates and undergraduate students from areas of horticulture, environmental engineering and plant physiology. My research focused on plant factory, specifically on automatic environmental regulation and crop quality improvement. Most of my research projects are funded by national science foundation and provincial-level research grants, aiming to solve problems in production and analyze scientific mechanism. I was selected for the 2016 “Chen Guang” project, which was a Talent plan supported by Shanghai Municipal Education Commission and Shanghai Education Development Foundation.