NSF Conference Grant Awarded

NSF conference grant awarded our student for The Science and Engineering for a Bio-based Industry and Economy (S1041) Annual Meeting and Symposium in Ohio

RICHLAND, Wash. – Libing Zhang, a doctoral candidate at Washington State University Tri-Cities, is awarded for S-1041 Annual Meeting and Symposium located in Ohio State University during August 10-11, 2015. She is one of 24 awarded students mostly studied in Agricultural and Biological Engineering program from 12 universities in United States.

Currently, she is pursuing her PhD degree majoring in Biological Systems Engineering at WSU. Her supervisor is Dr. Bin Yang, professor who focuses his research on biomass processing to cellulosic and lignin fuels and bioproducts. She will present her research work in the lignocellulosic biomass aqueous fractionation to produce sugars and lignin for catalysis upgrading to jet fuel.

“I really appreciate NSF grant for providing me this great opportunity. It will broaden my knowledge and benefit for my career.” She Says.